Friday, October 23, 2009

ur blog's okay but LISTEN x 3 is the greatest blog of all time!



I'm sorry, but Kanye West's College Dropout is among my top 5 rap albums of all time. It came on during an iPod shuffle moment and I was like, oh yeah, Kanye! Oh yes, the autocrat of audacity, the pimp of gettin' paid.

Dropout is Kanye trying to prove himself. After producing "H to the izzo" for Jigga, Kanye set to prove his skills as a rapper, too. He freestyled for Jay-Z and quickly became a heavy-hitter in the Roccafella circles. This album was his high-gloss shot at the big time and he delivered.

"Jesus Walks" has unreal gravitas. Considering Talib Kweli was a hot commodity round this time, when he drops in on "Get Em High" with his slick licks you've gotta give a nod to Kan-Yeezy for working with the greatest of the time. (Look at what happened to Lil' Wayne for the past, um, two-three years.)

But it's "The New Workout Plan" that takes the chocolate cake. I remember hearing this song at a party like 8 years ago and I couldn't believe this kind of music came from something so shiney-sounding as a Roc disc.

and finally, my apologies to shawn clarke.

3 comments:

  1. HA! Thanks for the apologies, but to be honest I have a soft spot for Kanye. With out the AutoTune, 808's and Heartbreak would have been one of my favorite albums last year.

    And in my opinion Talib Kweli is ALWAYS a hot commodity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. investment is a good base to gain the profit that is by maximum people take the chance to invest.commodity tips can help you for better return in investment we provides 3 day free trial for commodity, daily nifty tips on mobile, intraday call on your mobile. commodity Tips

    ReplyDelete