Monday, October 5, 2009

GUEST BLOGGER: Shawn Clarke talks "Lovely Allen" by Holy Fuck

Welcome music bloggers of the world! I'm introducing a new feature that invites my favourite music bloggers to contribute right here on listen!listen!listen! Let's give a big welcome to Toronto's Shawn Clarke!

Shawn is a musician residing in Toronto with an interest in the arts and city culture. He has created and writes for his blog Birds Too Tired To Fly, which celebrates Toronto and the talented individuals who live in and around.

Take it away Shawn!



I listened to this song three times in a row today.   It gets me pumped for a run.  I use to make out with a girl to this song.  It's so epic, it's kinda the most perfect (and exceptionally cheesy) make-out song ever.  I've seen Holy Fuck on several different occasions, and each one was life altering.  Seeing this song performed at Wrong Bar in Toronto was amazing.  When they got to the build half way through the song, the whole room erupted... exploded!  I began to dance like a fool.... and at LOLA (the London Arts festival) I got to watch them perform it from back stage!  I got so close, I could have played the ride cymbal.

Anyways, this is a song you do something exhilarating to.  For me, going for a run and making out is fine.  Maybe you like to jump off of bridges... cue this song up first.  Maybe you like wrastlin' big jungle cats... try pumping this through the circus tent stereo system, you'll be a better person for it.

2 comments:

  1. this is such an epic song! i saw these guys not only at LOLA, but they also opened for Bloc Party. SUCH A DANCE PARTY!
    I totally agree with the whole exhilarating feeling it gives off, its like spinning in a big green field under a bright blue sky in the middle of summer. its -so- carefree. its perfect.
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.
    lovelovelove

    ReplyDelete