Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nintendo rock for babies from the '80s



This blog post was supposed to be about You Say Party! We Say Die!, poppy dancey little group from out East who hit the Black Shire stage next Monday. (Be there!)

But when I got to listening to YSP!WSD!'s new album, I remembered Crystal Castles, a Nintendo-y little Ontarian duo with madly affected vocals (to the point of incoherence) and a lot blips and bleeps.

This song launches the album and sends you on a visceral journey through strange, unprecedented and wildly energizing pop songs.

2 comments:

  1. you've stolen A HORSE AND HIS BOY's "sounds like" for your title... stealer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an epic band. I love these guys, and was so upset when I missed them last year here in London. That being said, I enjoy three of their songs out of their entire discography (which is not large by any matter.)

    It seems that since The Postal Service first made an appearance, we've seen a movement towards more electro-dance-rock. I like the direction we're heading, and the level of experimentation that continues to present itself. Have you seen/hear any of the Travis Barker/DJ AM collaberation stuff? It's awesome - another new wave of music that reminds me of guys like Crystal Castles.

    ReplyDelete