Sunday, November 22, 2009

I review Britney Spear's song "3"



This is the first in my experiment to listen to other readers music. First up: Britney Spears' "3".

Possibly the worst song I've ever heard, this incomprehensible, polished, glossy turd somehow takes three minutes to finish, though you've heard everything the song offers in the first 10 seconds.


Possibly the funniest part comes when the bridge arrives, the synths turns down, and an acoustic guitar starts playing for Britney's more emotional moment. But given that the song was made clubs or girls nights or "prees" (which, I'm told, are "pre-drinks" before going to the bars), I probably felt more emotion and satisfaction during my morning trip to the shitter.

0/5

2 comments:

  1. The sole purpose of this track was to create a music video. The sole purpose of the music video was to show off Britney's newly grown-out hair and gym-bunny physique. I commend you for attempting to review her wailing as if it were legitimate music.

    Ok...i'm kind of being harsh. Sorry Brit. Her music is prime pre-game material.

    p.s. I really like your last sentence. It stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, why don’t you tell us how you really feel!

    I have to admit, I will agree with you with regards to the content - it is very repetitive and simplistic. However, like you said, it was made for girls, for our "prees", so as long as she keeps giving us those fun, upbeat tunes that make me want to get off the couch and have fun, that’s all that matter to me!

    (Just have to make sure I don’t listen to the actual content too much...don’t want to lose too many brain cells over one song).

    ReplyDelete